Monday, April 12, 2010

Article #5 Letting Children Decide

After I reviewed My Sisters Keeper I realized that I agree with people on medical emancipation but I also disagree with them at the same time. To stop confusion in my paper I decide to make my thesis, Yes children should be able to medically emancipate themselves but only under relevant circumstances or at a specific age. Now that I have my thesis points of interest are starting to come along in my paper. In an article I found the author wrote that some times adult forget children are people with individual needs and wants. The article didn’t directly have to deal with my topic but I have found that while researching sometimes you have to branch out a little bit. When I read that comment I was able to make that comment relate back to my topic. If the adult/parent/legal guardian of the child is able to keep in mind that the medical procedure is for the best interest of the child than their could possibly not be as much tension when making a decision on treatment. I think that I could use this in my paper to show that with guidance an adolescent could make their own medical decisions if people explain things to them more. Also I could use this to show that just because the children are not 18 yet they still have rights in society and people shouldn’t undermine their abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment