Monday, April 12, 2010

Article #8 Age of Discretion

Sorce Citation:
"Age of Discretion." Dictionary.Com. RandomHouse, n.d. Web. 12 Apr. 2010


I know I have been talking about the age of majority a lot but know I want to talk a little bit about the age of discretion. when I first fond this term online I thought it was the same thing as the majority but I soon realized that the two are slightly different. Dictionary.com defines the age of discretion as the age at which a person becomes legally responsible for certain acts and competent to exercise certain powers. The actual age of discretion varies based upon the state/circumstances/ or what religion you practice. Usually though the age is between 14-16. This article helps me because it connects back to previous things I have mentioned in earlier blogs and it would make a perfect start for the level systems. Hopefully I can find some more ways to connect this back to my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment